We are In The Know West Africa.

Lack of knowledge is darker than night. - West African Proverb

Tuesday 23 March 2010

LWKMD!!

or in plain IM English LMAO!


I think any West African is at least familiar with and understands some pidgin or broken English, that is if not actually able to speak it, but have you come across the creative use of it in IM speak? Here's an excerpt of a list collated on NaijaIMSlangs below to show you what I mean:


Naija IM Slangs! Official List





1.
LWKM - Laugh wan kill me
2. LWKMD - Laugh wan kill me die
3. MIDG - make I dey go
4. WGYL - we go yarn later
5. IGA - I gbadun am


Visit the link above for the rest. Good for a laugh and who knows, you might find one or two you just have to use! 

Bonne journeé!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?